15 June 2008

Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones - Sweet Home Chicago (1981)



Sweet Little Angel
Flip, Flop and Fly
Introduction
Down the Road I Go
Country Boy
I'm a King Bee
Someday Baby
County Jail
Baby Please Don't Go
Hoochie Coochie Man
Long Distance Call
Mannish Boy
Champagne and Reefer
Next Time You See Me
Talking About My Woman
I Want to Be Loved
I Can't Be Satisfied
I Just Want to Make Love to You

Muddy Waters, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Buddy Guy, Junior Wells, Ian Stewart, Lefty Dizz

When Muddy Waters took the stage at the Checkerboard Lounge in Chicago on November 22, 1981 to play a session with members of the Rolling Stones and fellow bluesmen Buddy Guy, Junior Wells and Lefty Dizz, no one expected it to become one of his last live concert appearances. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood and "fifth Stone" Ian Stewart, staying in Chicago for three concerts on November 23, 24, and 25, were excited to meet their long-time idol, perhaps the greatest bluesman ever and, of course, one of the major influences which led to the formation of the Rolling Stones back in 1962. They even took their band name from one of Waters' songs, "Rolling Stone.

No comments: