17 February 2009

Magic Slim - Highway Is My Home (1978)

1. Highway Is My Home (Howlin' Wolf )
2. Living in My Neighborhood (Buster Benton)
3. I Love You Baby (Ewart Abner)
4. Country Girl (Otis Spann)
5. Man or Mouse (Junior Parker)
6. Help Me (Sonny Boy Williamson)
7. I'm Mad (Willie Mabon)
8. Tell Me Baby (Big Bill Broonzy)
9. The Sky Is Crying ( Elmore James)
10. Something More (Magic Slim)

Recorded at Barclay Studio, Paris, France on November 19, 1978.

JazzTimes (5/93, p.78) - "...he's a strong guitarist and vocalist....earthy vocals..."
Living Blues (1-2/93, pp.73-75) - "...this set captures the raw-boned approach that made him so refreshing in the first place..."

Personnel: Magic Slim (vocals, guitar); Alabama Junior (guitar, vocals); Nick Holt (bass); Fred Below (drums).

No comments: